Monday, December 6, 2010

Finish Project: Wig Hats


Well they are all done and delivered! A day later than I'd hoped, but for me that's early. Really. I ended up with seven 5" square teeny tiny quilts. I guess that technically they aren't quilts because I didn't do the "correct" sandwich (top, batting, backing). I quilted the top with two layers of cotton batting, then used spray adhesive to stack those on top of a square of super duper stiff interfacing comparable to Peltex/Timtex (called, hilariously enough, Stiffy), and last but not least, white cotton. I bound it using packaged bias tape, of which I have a giant stash so I rarely bother cutting my own binding strips.



From one deadline to the next!

Next up: Working on a wholesale catalog for my handbags. Totally nerve wracking! What to include? How to price? How do I handle the fact that I use vintage fabrics, of which I have only in limited quantities. I need to have the catalog and price sheets delivered to my wholesale reps at Salty not Sweet by 12/20. Eeeeek! So today's goal is to make a sample of each item I plan to sell wholesale - well, start making them! Then I'll photograph them and take it from there. I am flying by the seat of my pants, as always.

I've also been invited by Carmen Navis and Ben Haehn to set up at their SuperElectric Press space at 78th Street Studios this coming weekend, 12/11 & 12/12. Bazaar Bizarre will be going on in the large event space at 78th St, so if you're hitting Baz Biz, be sure to seek us out! There will be lots of talented artists and makers in both spots, it'll be a great weekend. Lots of work ahead for me!

I've also got my Festivus artwork in its infant stages. Here's what's done so far

No comments:

Post a Comment