Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Studio Envy

Oh my, it is cold in Cleveland this week! We're getting pounded with an insane 4-day snow storm that started Sunday night just as Mr L and I were leaving 1300/Third Gallery at 78th Street Studios. The gallery/studio proprietors were kind enough to invite my Wall Eye Gallery partner Linda and I, along with a handful of other talented artists and makers, to set up shop in their space for the weekend while Bazaar Bizarre was taking place elsewhere in the building.

The space is AMAZING. Ah. Mazing. I have total studio envy! See for yourself (more after the jump!):
Me & Linda's shared table


Magpie & I, best next door neighbors ever

Lu-Owl Vintage

Sarah Austen

1300/Third Gallery denizens Carmen & Nathan

SuperElectric Press table and sweet Eames rocker


I didn't have super high hopes for making tons of sales. It's been a slow season for me up to this point, and when I did BazBiz proper last year, I only came out $50 ahead after making back my $100+ table fee. Huge. Bummer. So, I thought this year it would be fun but not profitable. Saturday was living up to my low expectations until about 3:30, then all of the sudden I had several sales. What a relief! Sunday was the opposite - a bunch of sales early in the day, then nada. I think people got their running around done early because of the impending shit storm rolling in. Good call, people, good call. Over all, I'm thrilled with how well I did. What a relief.

2 comments: